We respect the privacy of everyone who uses our services, website(s) and all related services which we may provide to you from time to time ("Services"). In this document we refer to appEnhancer as "us", "we" or "our" and we refer to you as "you" and "your".
2. About us
appEnhancer is based in Sweden and provides a service over the internet.
3. Information we collect about you, and how we collect it
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide us with when you fill in forms when using our Services, or when you create an account with us;
- details of your use of our Services and the resources that you access (for example, information about how and when you visit our website(s), what device you use to access our Services;
- if you contact us or respond to messages and communications that we send to you, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- your interactions with us on our social media channels; and
- information we collect via cookies, as explained further below.
- to allow us to recognize you and your device, for example by identifying your IP address;
- to allow our Services to interact with a third party (where you have chosen to allow such interaction);
- to allow third party payment service providers to process your payment instructions;
- to provide you with more customized Services, for example to provide our Services in the correct language; and
- to obtain data which will allow us to understand how people are using our Services so that we can improve them.
When you purchase Services on our website(s), we may collect certain payment information from you on behalf of third party payment service providers, but this information is temporarily cached in a way that is unreadable by us.
4. How will we use your Personal Information?
You agree that we (or a supplier or group company acting on our behalf and only under our instructions) may use your Personal Information for the purposes of:
- contacting you, for example as part of customer service or to send you updates about our Services;
- managing your account and relationship with us and improving your experience when you use our Services;
- research, surveying, and engaging with you, for example by sending you communications (including by email) for these purposes;
- marketing and promotion of our Services or related products, for example sending you communications (including by email) for these purposes on our, or a third party's behalf. For example, we might send you information about merchandise relating to our Services. You can adjust whether you want this or not on your account page;
- to create reports, analysis or similar services for use by us for the purposes of research or business intelligence, for example to track potential problems or trends with our Services;
- preventing cheating, crime or fraud. We may also need to pass your information to fraud prevention agencies and other organizations involved in crime and fraud prevention;
- if you live in the European Union, for the purpose of providing VAT invoices where we're required to do so by law or where requested by you; and
5. Will we share your Personal Information with third parties?
We will only share your data with third parties (for example, our group companies or suppliers):
- as reasonably necessary in order to provide the Services to you (for example, by providing your Personal Information to suppliers we may use to fulfil the Services or to communicate with you);
- where it is necessary to carry out your instructions (for example, to process a payment instruction we may be required to provide your Personal Information to the payment service provider);
- where your data is on an anonymous and aggregated basis, meaning you could not be personally identified from it;
- when you submit information as part of a competition or otherwise interact with our social media channels (for example, by providing a testimonial about one of our Services) we may publish the information you submitted, alongside your name and home country on our website and social media channels;
- as we reasonably believe is permitted by law or regulation;
- in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and/or any other agreement with you; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our users, or others; and
6. Using our ServicesInteraction with third party social networks or platforms
You may allow our Services to interact with a third party social network or platform, which will provide information about you to us. These applications or websites are created and maintained by a third party which is not a part of, or controlled by us. You should ensure that you read their terms of service and privacy policies to understand how they treat your data and what data they might share with us.
You can make changes to what data a third party social network or platform shares with us, or stop our Services interacting with that social network or platform by adjusting your settings with that third party provider, however you may find you are not able to enjoy all of the same features of our Services.
Some Personal Information, like your review name or alias used for making app reviews in an online app store may be displayed to other users.
7. For how long will we retain your information?
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected or as needed to provide you with Services.
8. Will we transfer your Personal Information overseas?
9. How do we protect your Personal Information?
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We maintain appropriate technical and physical safeguards to protect your Personal Information against accidental or unlawful destruction or loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, use and all other unlawful forms of processing of the data in our possession. We use the same level of skill in protecting your Personal Information as other similar service providers. However, since the internet is not a completely secure environment we can't guarantee that information you transmit via our Services will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of any of our safeguards.
10. Links from our Services
11. Your rights in relation to your Personal Information
You have the right to request a full copy of all the information that we hold about you. This copy may be in an established machine-readable format chosen by us (like a text file with comma-separated values) and/or in a human readable format. If you would like a copy of some or all of your Personal Information, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We want to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate and up to date. You can always modify, correct or remove information after logging in to your account with us on our website appEnhancer. In some explicit cases clearly stated on our website appEnhancer, information may only be modifiable by us. In these cases, the information can be modified by contacting us as explained above.
Information that you have shared via our Services on any social network or third party platform can't be amended or deleted by us where it is in the control of that social network or third party platform. In addition, where any third party copies information which you have made available via the use of our Services (for example, one of your friends on a social network you allow to interact with your account), we may not be able to amend or delete it because it may not be in our control. If you don't want your Personal Information to be used for marketing purposes you can adjust the settings for this on your account page.
12. How to contact us
To find out more about how your Personal Information will be used please contact us by email at email@example.com.
We hope that you won't have any complaints about us or our Services. If you are unhappy with our use of your Personal Information then please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also have the right to complain to your local data protection authority if there is a problem.
14. Legal matters