1. About these terms1.1
You agree that you are at least 13 years old and that if you are between 13 years and 18 years old, your legal guardian has reviewed and agrees to these terms in a written document that shall be sent to us as an electronic attachment to an email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can access these terms at any time at our website. We can make changes to these terms at any time in accordance with paragraph 15 below and your continued use of our Services shall confirm your acceptance of the updated terms.
2. About accessing and using our Services2.1
Specific rules and guidelines for usage can be found on the web pages with which you interact when using our Services. Those rules and guidelines form part of these terms and you agree that you shall comply with them in respect of each individual Service which you choose to access and/or use.2.2
You are responsible for the internet connection and/or mobile charges that you may incur for using our Services. You should ask your mobile operator if you are unsure what these charges will be, before you use our Services.2.3
We have the right to withdraw or modify one or more of our Services (in whole or in part) from time to time without liability to you:
- for technical reasons (such as technical difficulties experienced by us or on the internet);
- where we have legal reasons for doing so (including privacy or other legal objections to the content or conduct of our Services);
- to allow us to improve user experience;
- because it no longer makes business sense for us to provide the relevant Service; or
- because we have altered the services we provide.
Changes may take effect without prior notice. Information about these changes will be sent to the email address that you have provided us with no later than 3 days after the changes have taken effect.2.4
There may also be times when our Services or any part of a Service is not available for technical or maintenance related reasons, whether on a scheduled or unscheduled basis.
You agree that you shall take all steps necessary to protect your log in details and keep them secret. You agree that you shall not give your login details to anyone else or allow anyone else to use your login details or account. In these terms, references to "log in details" or "account" include your log in details and account for any third party network or platform that you use in combination with our Services.3.2
If you fail to keep your login details secret, or if you share your login details or account with someone else (whether intentionally or unintentionally), you accept full responsibility for the consequences of this (including any unauthorized purchases) and agree to fully compensate us for any losses or harm that may result.3.3
We will not be responsible to you for any loss that you suffer as a result of an unauthorized person accessing your account and using our Services and we accept no responsibility for any losses or harm resulting from its unauthorized use, whether fraudulently or otherwise.3.4
We reserve the right to delete your account if no activity is conducted by you in relation to the account for 180 or more days. In such event, you will no longer be able to access and/or use any Virtual Money and/or Virtual Goods (as defined below) associated with that account and no refund will be offered to you in relation to the same.3.5
You understand that if you delete your account, or if we delete your account in accordance with these terms, you will lose access to all data previously associated with your account (including, without limitation, your personal information and any Virtual Money or Virtual Goods associated with your account), since all this information will be completely, permanently and irrevocably erased from our records.
Some of our Services are provided against payment. We use third party payment service providers to carry out these payments and you agree to meet all (if any) terms and conditions of those third parties. You also agree that the payment fulfilment is the sole responsibility of you and the third party. You will in no way hold us responsible for any losses or harm caused by such third parties (in accordance with paragraph 12). The provision of the Service will start when we receive confirmation from the third party that the payment has been correctly fulfilled.4.2
You agree that all payments are final and that we will not refund any transaction once it has been made.
5. Virtual Goods and Virtual Money5.1
Our Services may include virtual currencies such as points ("Virtual Money") or items or services for use with our Services ("Virtual Goods"). You agree that Virtual Money and Virtual Goods can never be exchanged for real money, real goods or real services from us or anyone else. You also agree that you will only obtain Virtual Money and/or Virtual Goods from us, and not from any third party.5.2
You don't own Virtual Goods or Virtual Money but instead you get a limited personal revocable license to use them and any balance of Virtual Goods or Virtual Money doesn't reflect any stored value.5.3
You agree that all sales by us to you of Virtual Money and Virtual Goods are final and that we will not refund any transaction once it has been made. If you live in the European Union you have certain rights to withdraw from distance purchases. However, please note that when you purchase a license to use Virtual Goods or Virtual Money from us, the performance of our services begins promptly once your purchase is complete and therefore your right of withdrawal is lost at this point.5.4
If you live in the European Union, we will provide you with a VAT invoice where we're required to do so by law or where requested by you. You agree that these invoices may be electronic in format.5.5
We reserve the right to control, regulate, change or remove any Virtual Money or Virtual Goods without any liability to you.5.6
Without limiting paragraph 3.5, if we suspend or terminate your account in accordance with paragraph 8 of these terms you will lose any Virtual Money and Virtual Goods that you may have and we will not compensate you for this loss or make any refund to you.
6. User conduct and content6.1
You must comply with the laws that apply to you in the location that you access our Services from. If any laws applicable to you restrict or prohibit you from using our Services, you must comply with those legal restrictions or, if applicable, stop accessing and/or using our Services.6.2
You promise that all the information you provide to us on accessing and/or using our Services is and shall remain true, accurate and complete at all times.6.3
Information, data, software, sound, photographs, graphics, video, tags, or other materials may be sent, uploaded, communicated, transmitted or otherwise made available via our Services by you or another user ("Content"). You understand and agree that all Content that you may have sent when using our Services, whether publicly posted or privately sent, is the sole responsibility of the person that sent the Content. This means that you, not us, are entirely responsible for all Content that you may upload, communicate, transmit or otherwise make available via our Services.6.4
You agree not to upload, communicate, transmit or otherwise make available any Content:
- that is or could reasonably be viewed as unlawful, harmful, harassing, defamatory, obscene or otherwise objectionable;
- that is or could reasonably be viewed as invasive of another's privacy;
- that is likely to, or could reasonably be viewed as likely to incite violence or racial or ethnic hatred;
- which you don't have a right to make available lawfully (such as inside information, information which belongs to someone else or confidential information);
- which infringes any intellectual property right or other proprietary right of others;
- which consists of any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, 'junk mail', 'spam', 'chain letters', 'pyramid schemes' or any other form of solicitation; or
- which contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
You agree that you will not:
- use our Services to harm anyone or to cause offence to or harass any person;
- create more than one account per platform to use our Services;
- use another person or entity's email address in order to sign up to use our Services;
- use our Services for fraudulent or abusive purposes (including, without limitation, by using our Services to impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person, entity or our Services);
- disguise, anonymize or hide your IP address or the source of any Content that you may upload;
- use our Services for any commercial or business purpose or for the benefit of any third party or to send unsolicited communications;
- remove or amend any proprietary notices or other ownership information from our Services;
- interfere with or disrupt our Services or servers or networks that provide our Services;
- attempt to decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or hack any of our Services, or to defeat or overcome any of our encryption technologies or security measures or data transmitted, processed or stored by us;
- 'harvest', 'scrape' or collect any information about or regarding other people that use our Services, including but not limited to any personal data or information (including by uploading anything that collects information including but not limited to 'pixel tags' cookies, graphics interchange formats ('gifs') or similar items that are sometimes also referred to as 'spyware' or 'pcms' (passive collection mechanisms);
- sell, transfer or try to sell or transfer an account with us or any part of an account including any Virtual Currency or Virtual Goods;
- disrupt the normal flow of a Service or otherwise act in a manner that is likely to negatively affect other users' ability to use the Services fairly when using our Services or engaging in real time exchanges;
- disobey any requirements or regulations of networks connected to our Services;
- use our Services in violation of any applicable law or regulation;
- use our Services to cheat or design or assist in cheating (for example, by using automated means or third party software), or to otherwise circumvent technological measures designed to control access to, or elements of, our Services, or to do anything else that a reasonable person is likely to believe is not within the spirit of fair play or these terms; or
- use our Services in any other way not permitted by these terms.
If you are concerned that someone else is not complying with any part of these terms, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com
We don't control Content posted on our Services by other people and therefore we don't guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of that Content. You understand that when using our Services, you may be exposed to Content that you may consider offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances will we be liable in any way for any Content, including but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any Content, or any losses or harm of any kind resulting from the use of any Content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via our Services.6.7
We have the right to remove uploaded Content from our Services if we decide in our sole discretion that it results in or from a breach of any part of these terms, or that it may bring us or our Services into disrepute. We reserve the right to monitor any and all Content for any breaches of these terms. However, you acknowledge that we don't necessarily actively monitor Content that is contributed by people that use our Services and we make no undertaking to do so.6.8
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other users of our Services.
7. Interacting with other users using our Services7.1
Some of our Services allow you to directly or indirectly interact with other users and see the display name of other users. We select the other users with which you can interact using such criteria as we see fit to maintain our Services. You agree that you will not try to circumvent in any way our decision regarding which users you are allowed to interact with.7.2
By accessing and/or using those of our Services which allow you to review the work of another user, you agree to your display name being displayed to other users. You also understand and agree that other users may find you by searching for you with your display name.
8. Your breach of these terms8.1
We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your access to our Services (including by deleting your account) if we reasonably believe that you are in material breach of these terms (including by repeated minor breaches). Without limitation, any breaches of paragraphs 6.4 or 6.5 are likely to be considered material breaches.8.2
You agree to compensate us, according to law, for all losses, harm, claims and expenses that may arise from any breach of these terms by you.
9. Disclaimer and release9.1
We accept liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or that of our employees or agents, and for losses or harm caused by fraud by us or our agents, or any other liability which may not by law be excluded.9.2
For any losses or harm (other than those mentioned in paragraph 9.1), in any period of twelve months, we will only be responsible for losses or harm which are a reasonably foreseeable consequence of our negligence or breach of these terms and conditions up to the value of the amount that you have paid to us in the 100 day period ending on the date of your claim. Losses and harm are foreseeable where they could be contemplated by you and us at the time of you agreeing to these terms and conditions.9.3
We're not responsible for:
- losses or harm not caused by our breach of these terms or negligence;
- losses or harm which are not reasonably foreseeable by you and us at the time of you agreeing to these terms and conditions including those losses which happen as a side effect of foreseeable losses. This could include loss of data, loss of opportunity, service interruption, computer or other device failure or financial loss;
- any increase in loss or damage resulting from breach by you of any of these terms and conditions; or
- technical failures or the lack of availability of our website, Services, and/or social media channels where these are not within our reasonable control.
We will provide our Services with the same skill and care as other similar service providers, but you acknowledge that your only right with respect to any problems or dissatisfaction with any of our Services is to discontinue your use of that Service and we're not responsible or liable for any interruptions or errors that you may experience while using our Services.9.5
Any additional legal rights which you may have as a consumer remain unaffected by these terms.
10. Intellectual property10.1
You acknowledge that all copyright, trade marks, and other intellectual property rights in and relating to our Services (other than Content which is contributed and owned by users) is owned by or licensed to us.10.2
Whilst you are in compliance with these terms, we grant you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable limited license to access and use our Services (but not the related object and source code) for your own use, in each case provided that such use is in accordance with these terms. You agree not to use our Services for anything else.10.3
You must not copy, distribute, make available to the public or create any derivative work from our Services or any part of our Services unless we have first agreed to this in writing.10.4
In particular, and without limiting the application of paragraph 10.3, you must not make available any cheats or technological measures designed to control access to, or elements of, our Services, including providing access to any Virtual Currency and/or Virtual Goods, whether on a free of charge basis or otherwise.10.5
By submitting Content (as defined in paragraph 6.3) via our Services you:
- are representing that you are fully entitled to do so;
- grant us and our group companies the right to edit, adapt, publish and use your entry and any derivative works we may create from it, in any and all media (whether it exists now or in the future), for any purpose, in perpetuity, without any payment to you;
- acknowledge that you may have what are known as "moral rights" in the Content, for example the right to be named as the creator of your entry and the right not to have work subjected to derogatory treatment. You agree to waive any such moral rights you may have in the Content; and
- agree that we have no obligation to monitor or protect your rights in any Content that you may submit to us, but you do give us the right to enforce your rights in that Content if we want to, including but not limited to taking legal action (at our cost) on your behalf.
You must not copy, distribute, make available to the public or create any derivative work from any Content belonging to any other user of our Services. If you believe that your intellectual property rights have been infringed by someone else over the internet, you may contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and providing us with the following information:
- a description of the intellectual property rights and an explanation as to how they have been infringed;
- a description of where the infringing material is located;
- your address, phone number and email address;
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that (i) you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use of material in which you own intellectual property rights is not authorized, and (ii) the information that you are providing is accurate, correct, and that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; and
- a physical or electronic signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that has allegedly been infringed.
13. Transferring these terms
We may wish to transfer all or a part of our rights or responsibilities under these terms to someone else without obtaining your consent. You agree that we may do so provided that the transfer doesn't significantly disadvantage you. You may not transfer any of the rights we give you under these terms unless we first agree to this in writing.
14. Entire agreement
These terms set out the entire agreement between you and us concerning our Services (as defined in paragraph 1) and they replace all earlier agreements and understandings between you and us.
15. Changes to these terms
You can find these terms at any time by visiting our website.
We reserve the right to update these terms from time to time by posting the updated version at that address. We may do so because we change the nature of our products or services, for technical or legal reasons, or because the needs of our business have changed. Information about the update will be sent to the email address that you have provided us with no less than 30 days before taking effect. You agree that if you don't accept any amendment to our terms then you shall immediately stop accessing and/or using our Services.
If any part of these terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable under any applicable local laws or by an applicable court, that part shall be interpreted in a manner consistent with applicable law to reflect as nearly as possible our original intentions and the remainder of these terms shall remain valid and enforceable.
17. Waivers of our rights
Our failure to exercise or enforce any of our rights under these terms doesn't waive our right to enforce such right. Any waiver of such rights shall only be effective if it is in writing and signed by us.
18. Complaints and dispute resolution
Most concerns can be solved quickly by sending an to email@example.com. In the unlikely event that we can't solve your concern and you wish to bring legal action against us these terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Sweden.
19. Questions about these terms
If you have any questions about these terms or our Services you may contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
These terms were last updated on January 29, 2019.